About YK Pao School
A School for Tomorrow’s China.
An Education for Tomorrow’s World.
YK Pao School is a pioneering international Chinese school. The school is a non-profit private institution founded in 2007, in memory of shipping magnate Sir Yue-Kong Pao, the renowned Chinese businessman, statesman and philanthropist. With over 1200 students from China and overseas, the school offers a unique Year 1-12 educational programme that integrates elements of Shanghai and international curricula, culminating in Years 9-12 with the IGCSE and IB Diploma programmes, both of which are complemented by core components of the Shanghai curriculum.
Pao School’s innovative Chinese-English immersion bilingual programme nurtures the whole person – the entire emotional, social, physical, and intellectual being – and prepares students to become engaged and responsible global citizens of the 21st century.
Pao School is divided into Primary, Middle and High School. Primary School (Years 1-5) is a day school located in Shanghai’s city centre, while the Middle School (Years 6-8) and the High School (Years 9-12) are located on the new Hongqiao campus and in Shanghai’s Songjiang District offering UK/US style boarding education as well as catering to day students.
Pao School seeks educators who engage and inspire our students, have a curiosity to learn and develop, and have a passion for working with young people. Investment in faculty development will support faculty to adjust to the School’s unique programme and pursue ongoing growth in their professional skills.
What we look for in our educators
- Solid academic qualifications and teaching credentials
- Strong English language skills with bilingual skills preferred
- Deep understanding of content of the relevant subject and familiarity with current trends in education
- Ability to develop an instructional programme to meet the needs, interests and abilities of students with recognition of the school’s multi-cultural environment
- Commitment to our students: the ability to encourage and support students in both academic and personal matters, with a focus on character development
- Communication skills: the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Dedication: team players who will contribute to Pao School’s goals and mission
What we offer our educators
- A stimulating work environment that emphasizes teamwork, and the opportunity to develop and deliver an enriched curriculum
- The opportunity to work with colleagues from both Chinese and International backgrounds
- Students from local and/or international background who are intellectually curious and relish a challenging programme
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- A competitive compensation/benefits package, including international medical coverage
- Conveniently-located Primary campus in downtown Shanghai alongside historic buildings, with the central business district within walking distance; Secondary campus located next to a major university town and high-quality residential compounds, a 50-minute drive from the city centre
If you are a qualified educator with superior teaching skills, enthusiasm and interest in bilingual education, and a demonstrated commitment to co-curricular activities and the development of the whole child, please contact us to explore teaching opportunities at Pao School.
Current opportunities include:
Join us—Vacancy Information
Primary School Teacher Librarian
On-board time: immediately
1. Teaching and Learning
In designated library lessons teach students research skills and how to locate print and online
sources, in particular how to use the library catalogue and resources;
Teach students how to identify whether the information obtained is reliable and how toorganize their research findings;
Help students use a range of resources and technologies;
Oversee the library collection and ensure effective storage, access to and loan of teacher resources;
Plan implement and evaluate a library skills program for all students.
2. Curriculum Delivery
Cooperatively plan and teach units of work with subject and classroom teachers incorporating information skills and knowledge;
Support teachers with resources across all curriculum areas;
Collaborate with teaching staff on special events – such as Book Week;
Oversee the development of a curriculum map for teaching of library skills across Y1-5 age range.
Collaborate with MS and HS teacher librarians to that a consistent and cohesive library skills curriculum is offered across Y1-12.
3. Motivation of Students
Along with English and Mandarin teachers be responsible for inspiring students to start
reading and help them to find books that are age and skill appropriate and of interest to them;
Set and ensure library routines are established and maintained to ensure good order in the library;
Run events, from time to time, to focus on books and literacy;
Ensure that the library is a safe, orderly, attractive environment for all students.
4. Professional Leadership
Actively participate in professional networks locally and internationally;
Gather and analyze data regarding book use and use this to focus future purchases.
5. Motivating Staff
Coordinate roles and job responsibilities of library staff;
Responsible for appraisal of library staff;
Seek out Professional Development opportunities for library staff;
Facilitate professional development for teaching staff in library use.
6. Relationship Management
Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills;
Promote the library amongst the YK Pao School community;
Ensure the library is a welcoming learner-centred environment that students and parentswant to visit.
7. Administrative Function
Organize efficient procedures and systems in the library including timetable;
Develop and administer the library budget;
Manage the issuing of ICT peripherals;
Manage the Scholastic Book Club;
Set policy for compensation for lost or damaged books. Share with YK Pao School community;
Ensure staff collections and teacher resources are catalogued and that clear acquisition and return policies are in place.
Ensure clear and effective library policies.
8. Contribution to Non-classroom Life of the School
Take part in school and community events;
Take the lead on library events.
1. Bachelor’s degree or above;
2. 5+ year teaching experience in full-time school;
3. Working experience in international school library is preferred;
4. Teaching qualification;
5. Bilingual ability preferred;
6. Willing to work in multi-culture environment;
7. Good commands in English;
8. Good team leader.
Applicant please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the position applied for.